Beer Pong table game is a famous drinking game that is played around the world. It is a competitive sport for the weekend warriors to live a great life and spend quality time with their mates.
The game’s main objective is to eliminate the opposing team’s cups before they can eliminate yours. Although Beer Pong is an informal drinking game, so there is no official organisation that exists to check on the game and its rules, however, there is a World Series of Beer Pong. It is indeed a popular game that requires surprising skills as well as a bit of luck, since the game traditionally involves the use of alcohol, it should only be played by those who are of legal drinking age. Beer pong table game is famous in various venues such as hotels, bars, colleges, universities, and house parties.
This game is simply played to eliminate the opponent’s cups before they eliminate yours. It’s easy if you have beer pong racks. If not, then simply arrange the beer pong cups in a formation of a 6- or 10-cup triangle shape. Fill the cups from 1/3 to 1/4 with beer. Place a cup filled with water to the sides for rinsing off the balls. As the game includes drinks & students, they can combine getting drunk with the other object of the game. So, drink responsibly. The better you play, the lesser you will end up drinking.
Beer Pong Players & Equipment
- Two teams each consisting of at least two people
- 8’ x 2’ Beer Pong Table
- Beer Pong Cups (10 per team and 2 water cups)
- Ping-pong balls (you need at least 2)
- Beer (or any drink of your choice)
Beer Pong Formations
4 Cup Beer Pong Formations
3 Cup Beer Pong Formations
- Triangle (pyramid of 3 cups)
- Traffic light (single row of 3 cups)
2 Cup Beer Pong Formations
- Double (single row of 2 cups)
How to play?
There are some rules to join in the game for fun. The game consists of two opposing teams, the players attempt to throw a ping pong ball across the table aiming for it to land in a cup of beer on the opposite side.
A Beer Pong match has four players, two on each side of the team. It can also be played in a one-on-one format. In terms of equipment, all you need is a suitable beer pong table, cups, and a ping pong ball. Usually, disposable cups are used and each team places their cups forming an equilateral triangle on their side of the table filled with the same amount of beer. Each team throws a ball into the other team’s cups. Once a ball lands in a cup, the cup is taken down, and then the opponent drinks and empties the cup. If both teams hit cups, the balls are rolled back and they get to shoot again. You may use another cup to rinse the ball between the throws. You can also play an alcohol-free game depending on your choice.
Winning the Game
Both the teams start with 10 to 15 cups, the team who has the most cups in front of them is in the lead, with each time trying to reduce the other team’s count to zero.
The game is won when one team successfully eliminates all of their opposition’s cups. A draw can occur when both teams are left with just one cup. If this occurs, the usual way to decide a winner is to have overtime, in which three cups are placed again and the first team to eliminate the opposition’s cups is declared the winner.
Rules of Beer Pong
- Once the arrangements have been made, the team to go first must be decided. This can be done in several ways such as by a coin toss.
- An equilateral triangle of cups (10 or 15) is arranged at each side of the table and an agreed amount of beer (or other alcoholic drink) is placed in each cup.
- The teams continue to take turns until one team has eliminated all of the opposition team’s cups.
- Throwing in Beer Pong can be done either underarm or overarm.
- Care should always be taken while playing Beer Pong and all players should drink responsibly.
For more exciting topics, visit wannapartyblogs